Commission Process / Policy
- Simply get in touch through the contact form for a quote.
I'll need to know the following: size, time-scale, colour scheme and a small list/images of existing works you like. Also, if you have any swatches/paint samples/images of the proposed space then they would be very helpful!
- I send you a quote and once we are agreed on this I will send you an invoice for 50% of the agreed price, payable as a deposit & so I can purchase the necessary materials for your piece.
- I will begin work on your piece and will send you images of it once I feel it's near to completion (subject to our agreed time-scale). From this point you can specify changes and alterations to colour and finish etc.
- Upon completion of the piece I will invoice you for the final 50%. Payment is accepted by Paypal, BACS & by credit/debit card (through Etsy or PayPal).
- Prices start at £200 for a small piece in oil on canvas (20 x 20 cm/10 x 10") and increase with size - please get in touch for a quote. Commissioned works are priced higher than my standard pieces due to the bespoke nature of the work.
Prices include postage within the UK, postage overseas is calculated on a case-by-case basis.
- All paintings are shipped on the frame, ready to hang. I prefer not to un-stretch & roll my work.
- All work is covered by the UK's distance selling regulations. This means that you have the right to return your piece should you decide to do so. You have 14 days from the point of delivery to inform me of your decision to return your painting, please see my returns information below.
- All works are shipped on the frame - I will not take them from their frames as they never re-stretch very well. A great deal of attention & care is paid to my packaging so my paintings are delivered in the condition they left me in.
- All works are shipped within 4 working days from the United Kingdom. I ship to all countries, prices for shipping generally depend on size, so the larger the piece the costlier it will be to post, particularly overseas. Feel free to get in touch for a quote, it's not a problem.
- Orders in the UK are shipped by UPS or DHL, smaller paintings by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Orders outside of the UK are shipped by Royal Mail Airmail Small Packets* - larger works by UPS or DHL. International customers are responsible for any fees or taxes levied by their country's customs office. I'm happy to ship everywhere, just get in touch for a quote!
- I offer a 14 day returns policy on all orders. Works must be returned in their original condition & packaging to qualify. Please note that returns postage costs are the responsibility of the buyer and any refund will be made minus the postage paid originally.
* Royal Mail's Airmail transit times are not guaranteed or trackable, they're excellent value for smaller works though and I've used them for a few years now to ship overseas. They aim to deliver to European destinations within three to five working days, major cities worldwide within five days and other destinations within seven. UPS, however, do provide tracking as standard and only take 2 - 3 days to deliver!
Returns are accepted up to 14 days after the delivery date. Under UK law you are entitled to return your goods within this time-frame, no reason necessary. The 14 day time-frame begins once your goods have been delivered and it is appreciated if you inform me of your decision to return immediately you decide to do so.
All returns are to be sent to my home studio here in the UK - this address will be provided at the point of sale. The buyer is to pay the return postage costs and any refund made will be minus the postage paid originally.
The goods must be returned in the original packaging*, any damage made to a returned piece due to incorrect packaging may mean you lose part of your refund.
*The layer closest to the painting's surface MUST be the sheet of silicone release paper, not bubble wrap. The slippery side must be next to the painting's surface, not the papery side. For reference, you should never wrap your painting (if moving house for example) with the bubble wrap's bubbles facing inwards. They will leave an imprint on the surface of the painting and spoil it - this advice is mainly for oil paintings, acrylics are generally pretty much bullet-proof as far as bubble-wrap is concerned!
I take great care when describing and photographing my work and want you to be happy with your purchase. To that end, additional images of all my paintings will always be forthcoming, just get in touch via the contact page. Please always bear in mind that colours will vary from monitor to monitor (and again, please get in touch to discuss colours with me directly if you would like more information).
If an item arrives and is damaged then I will refund the original postage cost, plus amount paid for the item once photographic evidence of the damage is provided.